Medical Assistant – 30 hours per week!
Compensation: $20-$29/hr (national average, premium markets may vary)
apree health is leading the critical shift to value-based care across the United States. Vera is the only care model with the capability to deliver whole system health to a diverse patient population from a single care center. The Vera model is uniquely designed to help people achieve optimum social, psychological, and physical well-being – an outcome that’s neither probable nor affordable within the current sick-care system. The Vera model is anchored by three core elements: high engagement, managed care, and organizational culture change, which combine to drive down utilization of costly services like ER, inpatient/outpatient visits, and transform the overall health of the organization. Join the health revolution.
As a care team member, you are able to do what you love more fully and effectively, accompanying patients on each step of their health journey. With health coaches embedded in your team, you’ll also be able to provide valuable guidance through each stage of behavior change so that patients become empowered in their health journeys.
As a Medical Assistant at apree health, you provide support in delivering excellent patient service, clinical care, and front office duties. A team player, you help to ensure that the care center runs efficiently by managing the flow of patient services, monitoring resources, and working collaboratively with providers. You are adaptable, able to navigate change and work through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
“Vera allows me the time to really connect with my patients and when trust is established, they are more willing to share information that will truly make a difference in their health.”.
— Siobhan Holcombe, Medical Assistant and Site Lead, apree health
- Uphold the mission, vision, and values of apree health
- Take vital signs, record in EMR, perform systems review and point of care testing, and assist providers with diagnostic tests
- Administer immunizations, injections, or oral medications as directed by provider or standing order
- Perform point of care testing and assist providers with diagnostic tests, treatment and therapeutic measures, and observe and record patient reactions
- Perform phlebotomy, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider or standing order
- Manage patient care flow, set up exam/procedure room appropriately based on patient visit needs
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence, exhibiting excellent verbal and written communication skills, and working at the front desk as needed
- Perform inventory of care center supplies and dispensary, order and stock care center supply
- Where necessary, act as the external-facing representative for the care center (scheduling appointments over the phone, patient registration, etc.)
- Engage in routine patient education, self-management teaching under the direction of the provider
- Coordinate care with disease management or case management programs
- Track future patient care needs such as preventive exams, completion of outside diagnostic testing, and referrals
- Coordinate referrals, care gap closures, release of records, and overall care through patient and specialist outreach
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- State Licensed Medical Assistant Certification, AAMA preferred
- Graduated from an accredited medical assistant program
- Minimum 2 years of experience, primary care preferred
- Experience setting up exam rooms applying basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization, and autoclaving procedures
- Experience working in EMR systems, NextGen preferred
- Experience in coding and documentation, including Medicare Advantage and HCC
Transforming healthcare isn’t easy. It takes hard work and dedication. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive.
- Competitive base pay
- Premium medical, dental, vision coverage with health savings account (HSA) pre-tax savings option
- Access to Vera care center services, VeraDirect telehealth, health coaching
- Matching 401(k) retirement program
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Continuous learning and development, including medical education coverage
- Wellness culture, team building and company events