About apree health
Impact, opportunity, and purpose — explore current positions at apree health, join our team, and apply your talents to make big change.
Nurse Practitioner, Family Medicine
As a provider at Vera Whole Health, you are focused on building strong relationships with your patients to address their needs beyond their symptoms. You meet with 10 to 15 patients each day for 30 to 60 minute appointments, supported by an entire care team, including health coach, to deliver whole person care – care that’s often outsourced to specialists in today’s broken system. Committed to outcomes-based medicine and data-driven population health, you’re eager to live your passion to serve others and restore primary care to what it was always meant to be.
“Having the support to really focus on preventive care is one of the main reasons I love working at Vera. We’re the first place people go when they need care, so we have an amazing opportunity to make a big impact on their health.”
— Jackie Riddick, MD, Lead Physician, Vera Whole Health
Vera Whole Health is leading the critical shift to value-based care across the United States. Vera is the only care model with the capability to deliver whole system health to a diverse patient population from a single care center. The Vera model is uniquely designed to help people achieve optimum social, psychological, and physical well-being – an outcome that’s neither probable nor affordable within the current sick-care system. The Vera model is anchored by three core elements: high engagement, managed care, and organizational culture change, which combine to drive down utilization of costly services like ER, inpatient/outpatient visits, and transform the overall health of the organization. Vera is the only primary care organization to receive two validations from the Validation Institute® for population health outcomes and cost management. Join the health revolution.
Transforming healthcare isn’t easy. It takes hard work and dedication. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive.
- Competitive base pay
- Premium medical, dental, vision coverage with health savings account (HSA) pre-tax savings option
- Access to Vera care center services, VeraDirect telehealth, health coaching
- Medical education coverage (2 weeks plus $2,500 stipend)
- Matching 401(k) retirement program
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Uphold the mission, vision, and values of Vera Whole Health
- Provide evidence-based primary care to 10 to 15 patients per day, focusing on prevention, delivering practical treatment for chronic and acute care needs, and providing disease and case management services
- Partner with the patient and your care team, including an onsite Whole Health Coach, to develop effective biopsychosocial patient care plans that meet the needs of each unique patient, respecting their diverse backgrounds
- Ensure comprehensive care in alignment with the Vera medical home model, including collection of comprehensive health history, performing appropriate physical examinations, conducting diagnostic testing, and prescribing medications – all with the convenience of onsite lab and pharmacy
- Assess patient population needs and work with team members to drive participation in annual whole health evaluations, health coaching, and other health promotion activities
- Provide clinical leadership, including participation in team meetings, clear proactive communication, regular prioritization of key efforts, process improvement, and actively supporting change management
- Ensure that all customer contractual needs and expectations are met in partnership with your care team
- Rotate with other providers in the region to ensure coverage after-hours
- Participate in organizational activities and committees (e.g. weekly provider meetings, Clinical Advisory Committee meetings, Quality Improvement Committee, etc.) to optimize Vera’s processes and programs
- Achieve target objectives by improving the health status of the eligible population and meeting established benchmarks for clinical outcomes, engagement, and satisfaction
Education & Experience
- MD, DO, or NP Board Certification with primary care, family medicine, or internal medicine background
- Current, valid and unrestricted medical or ARNP license and valid DEA number
- Minimum 3-5 years of primary care experience
- Minimum 2+ years with case management emphasizing health prevention and population health management
- Team-based care experience
- Experience working in EMR systems, NextGen preferred
- Experience in coding and documentation, including Medicare Advantage and HCC
- Experience with MS Office suite
If you reside in a state that is eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, please send an email to [email protected].
Celebrating diversity and inclusion
apree health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting and employing highly qualified individuals who represent the diverse and inclusive communities in which we live. If you need accommodation for any part of the recruitment process because of a disability, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request.