Family Nurse Practitioner
apree health seeks an experienced Provider who sets the standard of excellence as a clinical services leader within one of our primary-care clinics. Vera’s mission and clinical model were created to support practitioners who desire to focus on patient care first, develop the patient-provider relationship, and use empathetic listening to empower patients to actively participate in their own wellness goals. Vera care centers are an outcomes-based model where the type of patients seen depend on your current skillset, but eligible members may include birth and up through seniors in Medicare Advantage programs”
As an experienced Provider in our clinics, you will partner with other health professionals to address acute, chronic, and preventive care needs as well as support patients to reach their wellness goals. As the provider integrated into the care team, you will work alongside and collaborate with a knowledgeable and independent allied staff and a whole health coach who specializes in health behavior change. Together you will help move the whole population of people towards health.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Provides evidence-based medical care while meeting the needs of the patient and respecting their diverse backgrounds.
- Assesses the needs of the population they serve and works with team members to develop a plan of care to meet the needs of this patient population
- Assures comprehensive care for population served (may include pediatrics to geriatrics and women’s health) in alignment with the Vera Medical Home Model including collection of comprehensive health history, performing appropriate physical examinations, performing, ordering, and analyzing diagnostic tests. With the care team develops and implements a biopsychosocial plan of care, including appropriate disease management, case management, wellness, and prevention coaching.
- Collaborates with Quality Improvement Committee to manage the clinic Quality Improvement
- Manages 10-15 patients per day by providing primary care medical services to patients including preventive, chronic, and acute care.
- Serve as part of the after-hours on-call team in rotation with other Providers in the
- Collaborates in developing team priorities and patient goals and care plans through team meetings, huddles and just in time communication
- In collaboration with clinic manager and Lead Provider, participates in process improvement, quality assurance, and ongoing development of the team-based approach while leading change management
- Promotes health and wellness for patients through the coordination of health coaching, health risk assessment, and other health promotion Provides tailored patient counseling and effective motivational interviewing through establishing appropriate goals and action plans.
- Knows and adheres to the requirements and expectations of the client
- Participates in non-clinical organizational activities and committees (e.g. provider meetings, clinical advisory committee, quality improvement committee, etc.).
- Achieves target objectives to meet company and client requirements by improving the health status of the eligible population and meets established benchmarks for clinical outcomes, engagement & patient, and client satisfaction.
- Appropriately documents and codes, in a timely manner, to show clinical care provided, gap closure completed, risk adjustment, and HCC’s addressed according to population served
- Minimum 2 years direct patient care with case management emphasizing wellness and health promotion and population health management
- Experience in coding and documentation including Medicare Advantage and HCC if clients served
- Minimum 2 years of computer skills, including EMR experience required
- Team based Care experience
- Minimum required Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Nurse Practitioner with current Board Certification from AANP or ANCC
- Minimum 3 years of experience with primary care and case management in a collaborative shared- patient team.
- Current RN and ARNP licensure (valid, in good standing).
- Current and valid DEA
- Highly organized.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way, practice key components of mindfulness, continuous learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability, and resilience with all members of Vera’s staff, clients and patients.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization – Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in a fast-paced environment with a lot of ambiguity and constant change.
- Ability to champion quality throughout the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written
Employee Health Requirements:
- Documentation of Hep B vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start
- We require CPR certification (BLS) pre-hire and ongoing
- Documentation of annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations in compliance with company policy
If you reside in a state that is eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, please send an email to [email protected]