Behavioral Health Clinician – Part-Time
Vera’s clinic model and atmosphere were created to support practitioners who desire to focus on patient care first, encouraging both patient and practitioner to have quality time together during visits to empower patients using empathetic listening to actively participate in their own wellness goals. Vera is proud to have created clinic teams and environments that embrace the interdisciplinary team-based care concept to provide quality care to our patients and improve health outcomes by supporting patients’ behavioral health needs. As a Behavioral Health Clinician at our Care Center, you’ll partner with other health professionals to address patients’ mental health care needs and support them to reach their overall health goals.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Provide brief behavioral interventions for a broad spectrum of physical and mental health problems using evidence-based techniques such as behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other treatments as appropriate virtually and in person.
- Apply solid working knowledge of biopsychosocial models of human behavior and development for assessment of patient care to include knowledge of the use of adult and pediatric screening instruments, as well as the ability to screen for and identify substance abuse problems
- A high level of comfort in providing consultation and training to other members of the primary care team in the areas of mental health, chemical dependency, and behavioral medicine.
- Effectively utilize electronic health record and verbal communication to concisely communicate relevant information to medical providers, and other treating providers in a timely manner.
- Facilitate treatment plan changes for patients who are not improving as expected in consultation with the medical provider and the psychiatric consultant who may need more intensive or specialized mental health care.
- Facilitate referrals for clinically indicated services outside of the organization.
- Track patient follow up and clinical outcomes using a registry.
- Participates in team meetings, consultations, case presentations.
- Actively participates in the daily clinic operations, including process improvement and development of a team-based approach.
- Complies with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, Vera policies and procedures and all safety regulations.
- Duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in clinical psychology, behavioral science, clinical social work, or a related field.
- Licensure: Licensed Mental Health Counselor/Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Master Social Worker, Licensed Psychologist, Masters-level licensure candidate (e.g. LMSW)
- State license
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing behavioral health services to a wide range of ages, preferably within a healthcare setting
- Experience with evidence-based counseling techniques
- Experience working in EMR systems, NextGen preferred
- Experience in coding and documentation, preferably experience includes Medicare Advantage and HCC
- Experience working with MS Office Suite
- Clinical experience within an integrated care delivery system.
- Flexible, high-energy level, team player, and strong interest in health and fitness, extroverted, self-starter, interest in larger systems issues in addition to individual patient care.
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments and brief behavioral interventions for common mental health disorders, when appropriate (e.g., motivational interviewing, problem- solving treatment, behavioral activation).
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Manage own caseload and work schedule to maintain a balance of professional standards of practice, quality patient care and the needs of the Behavioral Health patients. Aware of demand for services and manage caseload to meet access requirements.
- Highly organized.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization – Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in a fast-paced environment with a variety of team members.
- Ability to champion quality throughout the organization.
Employee Health Requirements:
- Documentation of Hep B vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- We require CPR certification (BLS) pre-hire and ongoing
- Documentation of annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations in compliance with company policy
If you reside in a state that is eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, please send an email to [email protected]