About apree health
Impact, opportunity, and purpose — explore current positions at apree health, join our team, and apply your talents to make big change.
Senior Analyst – Data Science, Analytics
About the Company
apree health – the new name for the joint Castlight Health and Vera Whole Health merger – is seeking an experienced healthcare analytic consultant to join our centralized Analytics team. We are entering an exciting new growth phase in which we are combining our individual company histories of top-rated digital/in-person navigation and the highly effective delivery of advanced primary care to launch exciting new differentiating solutions into the marketplace.
About the Team
The Analytics team is a group of highly skilled members who work together toward a culture of data-driven decision-making across the organization. Our team uses a diverse array of data to provide analytic insights that support the entire organization, including Customer Success, Product Management, Sales and Marketing, and most recently, patient-care teams delivering Advanced Primary Care.
We are a collaborative, flexible, and friendly team that gets excited about data and analytics and the role they play in decision making. Our culture is one of teamwork, shared responsibility, mutual respect, and growth.
We operate on a Google Cloud Platform and utilize technical tools that include: SQL/DataGrip/Bigquery, Tableau, Alembic/Terraform, Gitlab, Python, Airflow, Mixpanel, R Studio, and SAS.
About the Job
Our Analytics team is seeking a Senior Analyst – Data Science who will be responsible for designing and building analytic solutions and statistical foundations from complex and dynamic digital products and health informatics data.
The Senior Analyst will execute on critical projects supporting the company’s AOP (Annual Operating Plan) by creating and improving on analytic approaches that answer the company’s most pressing business questions.This team member will work shoulder to shoulder with product managers, clinical staff, data engineers, and other members of the Analytics organization to analyze patterns, visualize data in effective ways, and extract valuable insights to ensure the delivery of high-quality analyses to both internal and external customers.
This position requires experience working with rich, multi-faceted data that include medical and pharmacy claims, digital product user activity, and self-reported information, plus deep skills in analytic and statistical methods.
This team member will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Analytics, Analytic Foundations.
Business Role and Responsibilities:
- Envision, create, and implement approaches to analyze healthcare data in innovative ways with the goal of understanding the “whole person” through a healthcare lens
- Help create the analytic foundations to support a digitally-enabled primary care delivery system
- Develop statistical methods and models for assessing the impact of apree solutions on population health
- Design metrics and deliver insights pertaining to solution performance and opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with internal resources to design and build data/analytics solutions needed to address critical business questions
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and present data insights to users/executives in a succinct and effective way
- A problem-solver with a natural sense of curiosity, an analytic mindset, and a deep love of extracting truth from data
- Skilled at presenting complex analytic findings in a simple and understandable way to external and internal audiences
- Self-sufficient, ready to roll up your sleeves, and not afraid of ambiguity
- A detail-oriented individual who loves to create order out of chaos
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and build collaboration across many different stakeholder personas
- A strong communicator who effectively shares information at the appropriate level across a wide variety of audiences
- 5+ years’ experience in a healthcare-based analytics role
- 3+ years hands-on experience with administrative and/or clinical healthcare data (medical and pharmacy claims, EMR); familiarity with the standards and nuances of such data
- Technical experience that includes strong SQL capabilities, Tableau or other BI tools, scripting languages, Gitlab, etc.
- Experience with statistical analysis methods, modeling techniques, and tools (e.g. R, Python, SAS)
- Bonus: Experience with product usage data
- Bonus: Knowledge of or experience supporting value-based care arrangements, experience with primary care delivery organizations
- Master’s degree in a quantitative/analytic field or equivalent work experience
If you reside in a state that is eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, please send an email to [email protected]
Celebrating diversity and inclusion
apree health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting and employing highly qualified individuals who represent the diverse and inclusive communities in which we live. If you need accommodation for any part of the recruitment process because of a disability, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request.