About apree health
Impact, opportunity, and purpose — explore current positions at apree health, join our team, and apply your talents to make big change.
Title: Assistant or Associate Professor (Baylor College of Medicine Employee Care Center)
Division: Ambulatory Operations
Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 7085
Baylor College of Medicine Employee Care Center
Baylor College of Medicine, in partnership with Vera Whole Health, seeks an experienced Physician who will set the standard of clinical excellence as a within the Baylor College of Medicine Employee Care Center. The Collaborating Physician, in partnership with the Regional Lead Provider, Practice Manager, and Care Team, delivers exceptional patient experience, upholding the mission and clinical model to support practitioners who desire to focus on patient care first, develop the patient-provider relationship, and use empathetic listening to empower patients to actively participate in their own wellness goals. This mission and clinical model were created to support practitioners who desire to focus on patient care first, develop the patient-provider relationship, and use empathetic listening to empower patients to actively participate in their own wellness goals.
Baylor Medicine is seeking a progressive and highly qualified physician with demonstrably innovative experience in preventive and complex care to:
Provide care for patients in a physician led, professionally managed, advanced primary care clinic with exceptional service standards.
This physician will hold a faculty appointment in and report to Baylor College of Medicine senior leadership with an indirect line to the Vera Regional Medical Director.
- Provide exemplary care with courtesy and respect in all patient care matters.
- Oversee the primary healthcare of each patient on a personalized basis.
- Display complex medical diagnosis and problem-solving skills and the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Educate and engage each patient in all personal healthcare matters.
- Obtain health history and perform physical examinations.
- Assess lifestyle behaviors and family history.
- Diagnose and develop therapeutic treatment plan for active medical issues.
- Develop preventive health and lifestyle improvement recommendations.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with legal and professional guidelines.
- Review and act upon incoming reports (lab, imaging, genetics) in a timely manner.
- Monitor each patient’s condition and progress; reevaluate treatment plan(s) as necessary.
- Arrange patient referrals for specialty, inpatient, and other levels of care.
- Collaborate with broader clinical team to co-manage care.
- Serves as collaborating and delegating provider when needed or applicable for Advanced Practice Providers and allied staff
- As part of the triad leadership team of the clinic you will partner to assure the active promotion of client/patient engagement and clinic success by engaging with the employer and their employees to promote the clinic and encourage participation in Health & Wellness visits.
- Document timely, efficiently, and thoroughly in the electronic medical record.
- Provide coverage for colleagues according to call schedule.
- Exceed identified quality benchmarks and thresholds.
- Interact professionally to promote a culture of engagement and loyalty.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with others (internally and externally, verbally and in writing).
- Seek continuing education to integrate advanced tools and techniques into the practice.
- Adhere to all applicable Baylor College of Medicine and Vera Whole Health policies, procedures and objectives.
- Maintain a highly professional and hygienic appearance.
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Actively support the College’s mission, values, and strategic vision.
- Board certification in Family Practice
- Demonstrated skills in preventive/acute/chronic/complex care
- Leadership in professional organizations
- Current Texas State medical license
- Current DEA certification
- Current CPR/ACLS certification
If you reside in a state that is eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, please send an email to [email protected].
Celebrating diversity and inclusion
apree health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting and employing highly qualified individuals who represent the diverse and inclusive communities in which we live. If you need accommodation for any part of the recruitment process because of a disability, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request.