About apree health
Impact, opportunity, and purpose — explore current positions at apree health, join our team, and apply your talents to make big change.
Lead Analytic Consultant, Analytics
About the Company
apree health – the new name for the joint Castlight Health and Vera Whole Health merger – is seeking an experienced healthcare analytic consultant to join our centralized Analytics team. We are entering an exciting new growth phase in which we are combining our individual company histories of top-rated digital/in-person navigation and the highly effective delivery of advanced primary care to launch exciting new differentiating solutions into the marketplace.
About the Team
The Analytics team is a group of highly skilled members who work together toward a culture of data-driven decision-making across the organization. Our team uses a diverse array of data to provide analytic insights that support the entire organization, including Customer Success, Product Management, Sales and Marketing, and most recently, patient-care teams delivering Advanced Primary Care.
We are a collaborative, flexible, and friendly team that gets excited about data and analytics and the role they play in decision making. Our culture is one of teamwork, shared responsibility, mutual respect, and growth.
We operate on a Google Cloud Platform and utilize technical tools that include: SQL/DataGrip/Bigquery, Tableau, Alembic/Terraform, Gitlab, Python, Airflow, Mixpanel, R Studio, and SAS.
About the Job
Our Analytics team is seeking a Lead Analytic Consultant who will be responsible for delving into data and providing unique insights to specific high-profile customers who are key to the future success of our business. These customers each represent unique market opportunities for apree health, and each is considered a “pilot” for future growth opportunities for apree health.
The Lead Analytic Consultant will work as an embedded member of the Customer Team, with the role of providing key analytic insights to the rest of the team as well as directly to the customer. This includes ingesting and interpreting data, performing detailed analyses, responding to ad-hoc investigative requests, and summarizing insights driven by the analysis that answer the customer’s most pressing business questions.They will work shoulder to shoulder with the Customer Team, which includes business, clinical, and relationship leaders. At the same time, they will be responsible for bringing the learnings and approaches used back to the wider Analytics Team, and work to identify reusable components and techniques for future standardization.
This position requires direct customer consultative experience, along with demonstrated proficiency working with rich, multi-faceted data that includes administrative and clinical data.
This team member will report directly to the leader of the Emerging Solutions team within Analytics.
Business Role and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the assigned Customer Team to fully understand the key business priorities; clarify, prioritize, and clearly communicate the analytic questions to be answered
- Design and execute analyses to support those priorities, including developing efficient SQL queries and any required visualizations
- Collaborate with the Customer Team and other internal resources to identify key areas of opportunity for primary care management to improve outcomes and reduce cost across the population
- Present resulting insights and associated recommendations to the Customer Team (and in some cases the Customer) in a succinct and effective way
- Collaborate with and communicate to the wider Analytics team, identifying opportunities for standardization of approaches across current and future customers
- A natural “leader” who takes ownership of a challenge and sees it through to completion
- A problem-solver with a natural sense of curiosity, an analytic mindset, and a deep love of extracting truth from data
- Skilled at presenting complex analytic findings in a simple and understandable way to external and internal audiences
- Self-sufficient, ready to roll up your sleeves, and not afraid of ambiguity
- A detail-oriented individual who loves to create order out of chaos
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and build collaboration across many different stakeholder personas
- 8+ years’ experience in a healthcare-based analytics role
- 8+ years experience working directly with administrative and/or clinical healthcare data (medical and pharmacy claims, EMR); familiarity with the standards and nuances of such data
- 3+ years of direct customer-facing consultative experience
- 3+ years experience performing population-health analytics, ideally for a commercially-insured population through the lens of a payer or self-insured employer
- Technical experience that includes strong SQL capabilities, Tableau or other BI tools, scripting languages, Gitlab, etc
- Health economics background or related experience tying financial and clinical outcomes to healthcare delivery patterns
- Deep familiarity with U.S. healthcare insurance system and various types of payment arrangements
- Bonus: Experience working for a local or national healthcare payer
- Bonus: Experience working with primary care delivery systems and/or supporting value-based care relationships
- Master’s degree in a quantitative/analytic field or equivalent work experience
If you reside in a state that is eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, please send an email to [email protected]
Celebrating diversity and inclusion
apree health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting and employing highly qualified individuals who represent the diverse and inclusive communities in which we live. If you need accommodation for any part of the recruitment process because of a disability, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request.